This event will take place at on Sunday 20th December at Linton Military Camp, which is located approx 15 mins drive south of Palmerston North.
Anyone over the age of 18 must present photo ID to gain access to the Military camp. Please ask your family, friends and supporters to pre-register here so they can get through the gate quicker to watch you.
Mixed Team Relay (MTR)
- Teams of 4 mixed athletes (2 male & 2 female) will compete in a reverse triathlon order event
- Regional Team Leaders will notified when entries for this event open and be asked to submit U13, U16 & U19 teams to Tamara Reed before 5pm on 19th December.
- U23/Open Elite teams will be arranged by TriNZ.
- Run course is 1km or out and back on the road
- Bike course is 3km laps
- Swim course is 200m in the the Linton Army pool
- NO mixed age group teams.
- Team order: female, male, female, male
- U16 and U19 teams must include athletes from same regional academy or when academies do not exist in your region, from the same Triathlon club
- Composite teams (those not eligible) can still race however not eligible for the MTR trophy
- U13 event is a **fun event** which is not eligible for the MTR trophy
- This event is draft legal. TT bikes are NOT allowed.
- All race briefings will be online. Link will be posted here 10 days prior.
- U13: 1km run, 3km bike, 100m swim
- U16: 1km run, 6km bike, 200m swim
- U19: 2km run, 9km bike, 200m swim
- U23/Open Elite: 2km run, 9km bike, 200m swim
- 8:20am – 8:40am: MTR Registration check in
- 9:00am Transition opens
- 9:25am Transition closes
- 9:28am: Athlete Safety Briefing
- 9:30am: U13 MTR event
- 10:30am: U16 MTR event
- 11:30am: U19 MTR event
- 12:30pm: U23/Open Elite MTR event
- 2:00pm Prizegiving